Nothing strikes fear into a person selling their house more than a home inspection. Eliminate some of the stress by tackling these six home maintenance tasks before the inspectors arrive.
- Clean the air conditioner filters. Regular cleaning and maintenance will save you money and extend the life of your A/C units.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs
- Clean sink drains
- Replace oxidized sink and bath fixtures (Ocean air takes a toll on these!)
- Clean windows and replace or repair window screens
- Check sliding doors. Living near the ocean causes some of the wheels to rust away, making it hard to open and close sliding aluminum doors.
I recommend you start as soon as you have accepted an offer as most home inspections will be scheduled within ten days of that contract acceptance.